Delay Cheat Sheet
- Time/Rate: This is the amount of time it takes one delay signal or repetition to occur. This parameter is measured in milliseconds (ms) or beat divisions 1/4, 1/8, etc).
- Sync: This parameter will allow you to sync your delay with your DAW’s BPM. This parameter is useful when you want your delays to perfectly sync up with the rest of your track.
- Feedback: Simply put, Feedback is the amount of repetitions. The higher the Feedback, the more repeating echos you’ll have.
- HPF/LPF: These are the high and low pass filters that will remove any unwanted frequencies from the repetitions themselves, not the original signal.
- Mix: The balance between the “original” and the “wet” signal. Don’t forget, when using an Aux/Return channel, set the Mix about to 100% Wet.
- Ping Pong: Instead of outputting the repetitions in both the Left and Right channels simultaneously, you can instead use a Ping-Pong Delay to alternate the signal to come out of the left and right channels, one at a time.